Thursday, February 22, 2007

Steveros Galas’s personal journal

Steveros Galas’s personal journal
Thaumont 5th, 1003

What was I thinking! I was so upset by the murder of my friend, Alex Novak, I guess I was willing to do anything to apprehend his murderers. When Carl Robbins told me that he saw Clay Talent, a half-orc and a tall man pull Alex from his horse, stab him and leave him dead on the side of the road I knew I must do something. Carl came to the right man no one else in town would be capable of stopping Clay or the other two men. Hell, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t take all three by myself. That’s when the damnedest idea of all came into my head. I grabbed my bag of gold, about 200 gold pieces total, and off to the Icy Unicorn I went to hire myself a posse. The people who frequent the Icy Unicorn are not the most social acceptable and tonight was no different. A quick glance around the room and I saw enough adventure types that I could buy my posse. A quick word with Sandy and I gave my speech. “My name is Steveros Galas I am the closest thing we have to a sheriff in this town. This morning one of our fellow townsmen was murdered on his way back for the big city. The man’s name was Alex Novak and he was a friend of mine as well as a friend to most very one who knew him. The good news is we have a witness who has identified one of the assailants. I’m here to get some help in apprehending this man. I can pay each person 10 gold pieces for helping me arrest this man. Is there any one willing to help me?” Six people stepped up, the human warrior I was hoping would help, a man in robes who doesn’t speak, but writes on a piece of slate, a short bearded man with tattoos probably a spellcaster, a half elven cleric with a dark disposition, a shady looking elf in leather and a hideously ugly woman with sharp claws. I took them back to my office and had Carl retell his story. Now that we knew that Clay was at Meg the hooker’s house I told them we needed Clay alive and we are not to harm Meg or Bret. Once we were in Meg’s house and things were beginning to deteriorate. The warrior, the old woman named Feldra, and the cleric who goes by Elyn began pounding the crap out of poor Bret. The only two people who tried to help Bret were the silent guy, Kane and myself. Within a few second Bret was unconscious and bleeding on the floor, thank Fortuna he was still alive. The bloodthirsty warriors sprinted down the hall in front of my and confronted Clay and Meg. I missed most of the fight, but they apparently beat Clay into submission. Kane didn’t look too good either a couple of the guys were helping him back on to his feet. We took Clay back to my office and agreed to interrogate him in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home