Saturday, August 11, 2007

Memoirs of a Paladin 1

Month x, Day xx

I've finally arrived in the city of Fairmont. It has been weeks of travel to get here, but it is the will of the gods that I become a hero of this place. It's a modest town, it seems no different than any other to me. I wonder if Sir Jillead had ever come here..

Month x, Day xx

Amazing! After spending only one night at the Icy Unicorn, I've managed to find those in need of my assistance. It seems that a circus had been enroute to the town, but was attacked by an unknown force, which set all the animals free! I gladly agreed to aid in the recovery of these creatures, and joined a posee of questionable morals.. But I guess they're just looking for a way to stake out a living for themselves... We'll see.

We managed to.. uhm.. capture.. three beasts in one day! First, a mighty hippogriff thanks to some exceptionally skilled rope use and a bit of muscle. Next, we took down a metal snake from under a farmer's house. One of my fellows damaged the old man's floor though, I'll have to return to the man to pay for the damages.. It's the least I could do.. I guess.. The last animal we managed to subdue before nightfall was a great big wingless horned dragon! It was one of the most impressive beasts I've yet laid eyes on. Sir Jillead would've been proud of me this day.

Month x, Day xx

Ugh.. I think I've come down with something.. I don't think I'll be joining the roundup team today. I must admit I feel a bit ashamed that I am unable to assist in the recapture of the circus animals, but I fear my presence may only complicate things for my comerades.. Perhaps another day..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home